Why is the Freesoft-board here in the English area used so little?

• Question

• Ultimator
  • 41950 Aufrufe 26 Antworten

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Why is the Freesoft-board here in the English area used so little?

I find it very sad, because you can always improve your English, and it also makes fun to write in English!

Hope in the future, this subforum is better used.

greetings Ultimator :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Ultimator ()

• Oh i think it's used so little,because the people won't show their "bad" English,or they have no interests in speaking English mhm :(
    My English isn't the best i know but i try it :)
    Btw: Morning i´ll have my next English test,i hope it will be a good :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von jayke ()

• Those who do not use or be trained in English will never be able to speak well. So you should use this Subforum more.
    Is it really great. Learn English for free and even fun with ... wonderful. :hot:

Also makes use of these opportunities, come over and write sometihng :)
  • Sometimes I visit this subforum to learn english like jahnkohl. My english is very bad. Now I have holiday but I will write more here when school starts :) last year I had in the 3. test a 5. But when I wrote something here or spoke with my mother english and studied a lot I had a 3 in the test :D I live in austria so the 5 is the worst note :D ^^

Cu
    Posted via Mobile Device
  • Why is the Freesoft-board here in the English area used so little?

Cause most people maybe think,it's easier to talk german in a german forum.

Like most people here,i'm not a native english speaker.
    Because of my hobby in collecting bootlegs,there's a need to be very active in some English-speaking forums.
    First time,it was very hard to consider but in the meantime it's not so stressful.It's great to talk to a lot of people all over the world and sometimes it's very funny!
    I never was good in speaking englisch,therefore i can only get better.(Even if i know,i'll never be perfect.)

But you're right Ultimator,those who don't try to write ,will never be able to speak.
    There's no need to be perfect! Just use your brain (and maybe an online-translator for the words you don't remember...:p) and it will be better from day to day.

Cheers!
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="2"]Heut' mach ich mir kein Abendbrot, heut' mach ich mir Gedanken.[/SIZE][SIZE="1"]([URL="http://www.broeckers.com/archiv/wolfgang-neuss-neuss-deutschland/"]Wolfgang Neuss[/URL])[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"]Frank Zappa isn't dead, he just smells funny...[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • Maybe the people think their english is bad so they are to shy or they don't scroll all the way down to the bottom, so most people won't even find it.
    I include myself, at first i didn't scroll down because most of the topics that are interesting for me are in the pc section and i wasnt interested in what was below.
    So possibly thats one reason for other's too.

dave1812
  • i dont quite get why there would be an english subforum anyways - if not for native tongues. As i reckon that there are none within the fsb community as most of us come from germany, i think this sub forum is obsolete.
    Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs.
  • It never gets obsolete - as English is the "World Language".
    It may not be used much, for the obvious reason that most of the members are from Germany, and so, the people who are not from germany, and randomly encounter this board, may not even scroll down to the English sub forums - or scroll down to them, and see that there is not much activity going on -, and therefor don't register here. It's a bit like a devil's circle.
  • Do we have members who are not german, austrian or swiss?
    I think the "problem" is that there are no users who have to use english, because they are german and use german in a german forum^^

I hope in my new school there will be some advanced english, because since I left school for my apprenticeship I noticed that my english gets a bit "easy".
    Well, I'll see^^
    "Homer,du bist dumm wie ein Esel und zweimal so hässlich. Wenn ein Fremder dich anspricht und mitnehmen will, nimm die Chance wahr!" - (Abraham Simpson)
  • @~KKm~
    yes, ur english is bad my friend (is2beajoke)

@Nicolas188

ur tongue isn't better 2.

@scarecrow

u should better know.

but everybody is right: we shoud reanimate this part of our fantastic forum

cya

codari
  • Indeed there are not so many contributors here in the English sub-forum.
    What a pity, cause it's a good way to improve your competence in speaking English.
    At least there are a lot of readers ...

The main reason for the sparing use of the forum is the fact, that it's far easier to discuss problems in your native tongue. Who would like to talk about his partnership problems in a foreign language - it's difficult enough to do it in German! Leave alone talking about computer-problems - who knows the terminology to do so?
    So we need simple topics like "What's your favourite sport / TV-programme / dinner", "What are you planning to do in your next holidays?", "The book I'm reading right now" etc.
    Besides that we need people who like to converse in English without being troubled by the knowledge their English isn't perfect.

Meanwhile I'll go on posting short stories and dialogues as long as there seem to be readers who klick them :D
    Es ist nie zu spät für eine glückliche Kindheit! (Erich Kästner)
  • I never really noticed this part of the forum so far.
    I will try to keep an eye on it though ;)

I agree, @littleprof, some things are hard enough to try to express in german, and using a foreign lanuage should be fun, or a good kind of challenge at least. .)

Besides: perfect english?
    How many german people do you know, who are perfect in their own language?
    ;)

So, no worries please :D
    Far more important than being correct is having fun.
    ME/CFS # Ever tried, ever failed, no matter. Try again, fail again, fail better. (Beckett) # You are only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. (R.Williams) # Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.(Clarke)
  • The main reason not to talk or write in english is that most of us are too shy. Sometimes i have to use english in my job and i' m always nervous when i talk with foreign customers on phone. Sometimes i excuse my bad english but the customers encourage me. They often say that most Germans think to be bad in english but it is okay, because they understand us and they are not able to talk german almost so well.(even german is not a world language)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bluemchen () aus folgendem Grund: Ergaenzung

• @Bluemchen

you are right. Most of them admire anyone who is even able to express himself or herself in a second language.
    They do not expect "brilliance" in any way.
    ME/CFS # Ever tried, ever failed, no matter. Try again, fail again, fail better. (Beckett) # You are only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. (R.Williams) # Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.(Clarke)
  • To me the existence of this subforum is a relief. English is my second language but I use it almost more than my mother tongue. In German I have difficulty with grammar (those genders drive me mad) and my active vocabulary is small, although I understand written German pretty well.
  • Hi Dog Star :)
    welcome on board - nice to meet you.

You've been regged for almost 24 hours, and you've already received a warning :D
    I'm afraid FSB is like any other club or community: There are rules to keep things going smooth and if you break them there are consequences.

I'd advise you to study these, then you'll manage and you may have a lot of fun in this board.

If you have any difficulties in understanding anything, write me a "Private Nachricht" (as I'm shure you can contact a lot of other members as well, if you've got any questions).

So keep rocking ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von littleprof () aus folgendem Grund: wieder was gelernt ;-)

• Hi littleprof

Yes, I am ashamed to say I received a warning immediately because I hadn't understood the rules properly and had not scrolled down far enough to find the English subsection, Very silly of me! :o

I hope I don't make any more mistakes. I am going to try and post in the main forum as well, in German, even though my German is very bad. I have joined here hoping that I can practice my German and improve!

I will certainly contact you if I need any help. Hope to see you around

Mit freundlichen Grüßen :)

Dog Star
  • Dog Star schrieb:

Mit freundlichen Grüßen :)
    Dog Star

Seems to be quite a good start ;)
    You needn't be afraid if you're not able to speak German properly, a lot of guys around here don't speak a proper German either even so they're born and raised here. :D

So don't be shy - speak up ;)

edit:
    I've been around for quite a long time and up to today I didn't know, that the board rulez are available in English as well :eek:
    It's another fine example for the many possibilities the board offers. Just keep on exploring it - there's a lot to discover.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von littleprof ()

• Welcome to this board Dog Star

some of the posts in this board contain idiomatic expressions and are playing with the double meaning of words which often are hard to realize and to be understood even for German native speakers ;)
    Language is so much more than just a combination of letters and words. In case of trouble feel free to drop me a note. I'll try to help as long as I am able to.
    Cheers, Bog
    IRC war gestern, ... heute haben wir den Chat

realize your tasks, then take a deep breath and go for it!
  • thanks a lot my dear friend littleprof. The key to languages is to build your thoughts in that very language as well.
    It takes some time to learn that and a lot of practice too. In virtual communities like this one the choice of language is the only (re)markable "business card" which might give you some hints about the person you are chatting with. Maybe that's why I like to fiddle around with words - in German and even in English languages :)

But in my humble opinion it's even more important to bite the bullet and try to join the conversation than to find the best wording.

Although - humour is always a question of semantics ;)

Cheers, Bog
    IRC war gestern, ... heute haben wir den Chat

realize your tasks, then take a deep breath and go for it!
  • Thankyou Bogomir for the welcome. And I will certainly drop you a line if I need any help.

I must say both you and littleprof have excellent English and sound just like native English speakers. I can only hope that one day my German might be even half as good!!

I'm going to spend a few days or more refreshing my German with a few basic online courses and then after that I intend to take the plunge and start posting in the German sections :eek:

If I make a big mess of things I'll ask for help :)

All the best to you both
  • why English?

hi there, I've been an English teacher for almost 30 years and my impression is that young people, 16-19, vocational school, are less and less interested in improving their English. When I try to motivate my students with English songs, they tell me that nowadays they prefer German Schlager/Helene Fischer, because it is easier for them to sing along. I'm frustrated. I want to quit. German television makes it easy to watch movies in German, but you miss the real joke and you don't hear the real voice of an actor. Maybe this lack of interest is the reason why this area is used so little. :(