What do you think about the USA?

• geheim
  • 10952 Aufrufe 64 Antworten

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• king ralf schrieb:

@KobeShow

you really sound like an american who loves everthing. How will you love things when you never seen them with your own eyes ?
    But doesn't matter - keep your innocence.

Misunderstood!

I don't love EVERYTHING I just love certain things that are impossible in Germany.
    But I hate the goverment, the air pollution and many other things
  • >>FIDDY<< schrieb:

I like USA because of the big cities there like NY or L.A.
    But the politic with the ober terrorist Bush is shitty ^^

you are totally right!
    I absolutely dislike the American government, especially Bush.

Also, there is so much fastfood, its very strange, in each small town is a McDonalds or BurgerKing...They get fad :P

But don't get me wrong!
    Often I go to the States in order to visit my aunt... I really enjoy suck trips...She lives in Florida and I like such big towns.

Yours faithfully ,

Snowfire
  • I really like the USA from what I've heard from my American friends I know here.
    Most things are a lot cheaper overseas, especially the gas prices are very low in comparison to Germany. You're also able to buy things you can't buy here or at least not yet (e.g. DVDs). I also have the feeling that you are a bit more free in the USA - for example if you want to build a house: In Germany it's very complicated to get the permission to build or enhance it - an acquaintance of me is just facing this problem.
    In the states you have less bureaucracy I think.

But I also have to agree with many of you: I also don't like the politics of Bush's administration.
    OK, there might have been 'noble reasons' for the war in Iraq like bringing justice to the innocent people that were killed under Saddams regime but in my opinion Bush also invaded the country to ensure more oil fields are under control of the US.

Luckily Bush's era ends with the next elections - we'll see what the future brings...

TheGodlike schrieb:

[...]I could keep going like this through the whole day, i don't really like the USA, they see themselve as the most developed country, the most democratic one,...

I think the problem with that is the rather bad school system. In State Schools you (as a German) would be bored because they don't really learn that much - especially in world's history.
    That's what two classmates told me when they came back after a year/ half a year of living and going to school in the US.
    [SIZE="1"]UPs: Snatch[/SIZE]
  • Gnubber schrieb:

I really like the USA from what I've heard from my American friends I know here.
    Most things are a lot cheaper overseas, especially the gas prices are very low in comparison to Germany. You're also able to buy things you can't buy here or at least not yet (e.g. DVDs). I also have the feeling that you are a bit more free in the USA - for example if you want to build a house: In Germany it's very complicated to get the permission to build or enhance it - an acquaintance of me is just facing this problem.
    In the states you have less bureaucracy I think.

But I also have to agree with many of you: I also don't like the politics of Bush's administration.
    OK, there might have been 'noble reasons' for the war in Iraq like bringing justice to the innocent people that were killed under Saddams regime but in my opinion Bush also invaded the country to ensure more oil fields are under control of the US.

Luckily Bush's era ends with the next elections - we'll see what the future brings...

I think the problem with that is the rather bad school system. In State Schools you (as a German) would be bored because they don't really learn that much - especially in world's history.
    That's what two classmates told me when they came back after a year/ half a year of living and going to school in the US.

And thats why everything is gone after a hurricane or tornado hits the cities:rolleyes:
  • The USA is a nice place to live, I have been there often, so I know what I am speaking about!! I wish that all of the people who never have been there would stop comparing BUSH:devil: with the rest of the USA. Just because he is stupid, the whole USA isn't stupid!! As soon as they have been there,they will change theire mind!! :D

:cool:Life can be so wonderfull there!!!:cool:

Weeman
  • Hi @ all,

Well how should I start?
    Live is really different over the sea..
    I know what we see from Germany because I am German citizen, but I live since several months
    in the US for business and I guess I will be there for some more month.
    First we see the cheap gas prices, the cheap clothing prices and so on.
    Houses are much cheaper too but a brick (stone) house like in Germany can’t afford
    a lot of people here… ;)
    You would be surprised how much taxes you have to pay if you own a house oh my goodness
    that can give you a heart attack. :mad:
    Please note also that here in the US healthcare is different too.
    Ok just that you all know about this too before you say I would like to live there.
    There is all or nothing not only 50%
    Of course there are a lot of things are easier too.
    A lot of them were already mentioned in the posts above so I don’t would like to repeat them again.

One of the problem I think is the low education of the folk.
    Don’t ask the about Europe or other things. Once I meet a woman who thought the Germany is a part of Afghanistan…
    If the folk had any idea what’s going on at the planet they would be think different and would not support the government.
    I hope with the next election wit will be better
    Just remember about New Orleans and how well the government was prepared for this.
    Ok we have to think in different dimension but do you remember about the Oder flood ?
    Just compare the sizes and how Germany handled this.
    You don’t need to be rich to get help in this country :eek: :eek:

SRY for my poor English
    If you will find some misspelling please keep it dude :D
  • Snowfire schrieb:

excuse me...this is an English forum!
    So speak in English please!

I have the feeling that this guys actually is English, if you have a look at his spelling. and considering that this is the only thing he ever posted on the entire board, he might just have wanted to say hello from the USA.
    [size=1]duude, wait...what?
    <-[COLOR="DarkRed"]Overseer - Wreckage // World of Goo // The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely[/color]->[/size]
    [font="Fixedsys"]Newbies * Rules * How to Search * Users help Users * Freesoft-Board IRC
    [/font]
  • Reply from Lebanon

Hello everyone, I'm writing from Lebanon, a country in the middle east. There is a big difference between SEEING USA gov. fatal mistakes and actually LIVING their consequences. In every country USA tries to "give it democracy", the country enters in turmoil. This is the case of Iraq and Lebanon.

I'm highly skeptic of the claim that the American way of life is superior to other culture's ways of life. Just see the full picture of American life. Basketball, Hollywood, pizza, NAZA, etc are just part of the picture. The other side of the picture is high level of crimes, politically ignorant people who are not interested in what their gov. is doing in the world (except in Iraq, fortunately), sense of superiority over other cultures, big influence of oil and weapons companies in the political decisions etc.

Just see the full of picture of USA. It's not that bright. In fact I see it dark.
  • I think USA its an empire that its time has come to fall.
    They have made so many bad things to humanity.
    The bad thing is that we dont know if the next empire will be better or even worst
  • I agree with anyone, who does not like the behaviour of US amerikan politicians. But honestly the USA is pretty nice, I have been there for quite a while and it impressed my, not only the cities more the positive thoughts of the people to get anything done, does not matter how hard it could be.
    This "easy going" thinking clutched me and kept me being blind a while, but afterwards I have come clear, still the positive thinking remaind and I wiched to work and live in USA again.
    Hopefully G. W. Bush will not be rewoted. He is a shame for USA and all allies!
    :rot:
  • Not easy ... I have to ways: I like somethings... hate others.

In ordre .... I like USA for:
    - sports: Américan people practice lot of sports and they have a special mind on it : lot of job to win and be perfect. They are incredible for it.
    - landscapes : what a great country for it.
    - jobs : May be the place where everything is possible.
    - baseball, basketball, icehockey, amercian football: only high level

But I hate uSA for:
    - people : lot of them (not all!) think that USA is all ... open your eyes, you are on a planet call "earth"
    - pollution : Are they stupid or blind ... may be both...
    - social condition: they don't care about others (homeless, jobless...)
    - food : no more to say ;) (McDo go home !)
    - war : after them... caos

what else ? Thats all :)
  • I like the country with his big cities very much! :)
    Is the foreign affairs as well as the domestic policy of President Bush however, very aggressive as well as people despises!

greetz,

Frido
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"]Was kommt nach dem Tod?!
    "Das Leben ist wie eine Schachtel Pralinen, man weiß nie, was man kriegt." (Forest Gump)[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE="2"]** Mein FS-B Blog **[/SIZE]