American vs. British English

• KobeShow
  • 10681 Aufrufe 88 Antworten

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• SNIPER69 schrieb:

Sounds like you've got a big chip on your shoulder young lad. :eek:

It certainly sounds like it doesn't it? And how can a word be much shorter just because of one letter?

Someone told me once that 'America is a land of 250 million wankers, and they don't even have a word for wanker'. I wouldn't say that was necessarily true though. There are some awesome babes walking around California - I think they grow on the trees out there. :baeh: :devil:
  • American english rocks, english sounds so nasal when they talk, I never liked their accent tough. It's horrible, american english sounds more cool and most ppl are easier to understand (except some hillbillies of course)
  • hate BE.

we got a geography teacher last year (bilingual, geography in english) that was even worse than BE. it was very hard to listen to her, so i like listening to an american movie or else like pulp fiction (kinda love that movie), because it just easy.

at my school it's really sick. up to the 7th grade you learn BE, then 8th grade AE, 9th grade is about australia, so again BE, 10th again AE.

just kinda stupid, but so is our skool.
  • In my opinion the stress and pronunciation of BE is very awkward. Such as '<can't<. ( Someone has already told u,huh? ) One day I read some British newspapers, wondering about what differences there are between British English and American English. All in all we have to accept that. Anyway, the stress sounds strange, but we can understand everything !
  • Damn thatz whatz really annoyin me...
    i used to speak damn good British Oxford!
    but hangin arround in germany with my best man (a former US Soldier!)
    just got me a fuckin US accent which i really hate somtimes

The OXFORD was damn coool....

this us shit is just so Street-Like =)
  • Well...there is one i Realy adore...the Manchester Accent...it just sounds like a mixture of northern german with dutch and BE =)

just awesome...

But how comes everyone tries to adapt the accent from where hes livin/stayin..that also happens during vacation and stuff ^^

STRANGE =)
  • Hi together,
    i like BE very much, maybe it's because i grew up with it, because my dad ist british.
    I don't understand why you talk bad about BE?
    like other people said it's a slang and sometimes it sounds funny and sometimes not. it's the same when mexican or texican people speak english, it's sound funny but it's there way of speaking english
  • I like AE more, cuz it's just easier in every way and I’m kinda happy that all my bilingual teachers are Americans, also my English teacher. My dad actually dislikes that fact, cuz he thinks AE sounds awful, well I don't think so. In my opinion it sounds way better than BE, also there might be more ppl on earth that speak AE. Neither AE nor BE is gay... it’s very individualistic which kinda English ppl prefer. I dislike the fact; that Americans and British always need to run down each other.

p.s. I'm 15 years old and I totally know my English isn't perfect, so pls don't blame me for any mistakes.

cya
    jerome
  • Nobody says "I don't think this guy has what it takes to tempt me." better than a lady with a strong British accent, don't you think? ;)

I just luv British English. I also love the accent with singers like John Lennon or even someone like EMF singer James Atkin. It gives the performance some kind of subtle (dare I say, arrogant?) edge above American English.

Frenchies speaking English are the worst imho. You'll also almost immediately recognize a native German-speaking person. They use the "the" way too much...also most people don’t get the pronunciation right. sentence melody (intonation) is another problem, you can learn it from UK TV series though...
    watching something like "Pride and Prejudice" may also help next time you need to dump someone with style :öm: