No Character Encoding Found! Falling back to UTF-8.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• No Character Encoding Found! Falling back to UTF-8.

Beim Überprüfen meiner HTML Seiten mit dem W3C "Markup Validation Service" bekomme ich immer folgende Fehlermeldung:

No Character Encoding Found! Falling back to UTF-8.

Was bedeutet das und wie kann ich das Problem lösen?

Danke im vorraus.

Casimyr
  • Ich denke nicht, dass das weiterhilft, da eine HTML Datei mit folgendem Inhalt bereits zu der Fehlermeldung führt:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Test</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    bla
    </body>
    </html>

Ich gehe davon aus, dass etwas im <head>-Teil fehlt. Ich weiß nur nicht was.
  • Ich glaube nicht, dass es einen Fehler gibt, einstellen kann man auch nicht viel, aber schaut es euch mal selbst an:

validator.w3.org/check

Kann mir jemand diese Fehlermeldung übersetzen?

I was not able to extract a character encoding labeling from any of the valid sources for such information. Without encoding information it is impossible to reliably validate the document. I'm falling back to the "UTF-8" encoding and will attempt to perform the validation, but this is likely to fail for all non-trivial documents.

So what should I do? Tell me more...

->

No Character Encoding Found!

An HTML document should be served along with its character encoding.

Specifying a character encoding is normally done in the web server configuration file or administration program. The W3C I18N Activity has collected a few tips on how to do this in popular web server implementations.

IANA maintains the list of official names for character sets and the WDG has some information to help you correctly specify the character encoding.

To quickly check whether the document would validate after addressing the missing character encoding information, you can use the "Encoding" form control (accesskey "2") earlier in the page to force an encoding override to take effect. "iso-8859-1" (Western Europe and North America) and "utf-8" (Universal, but not commonly used in legacy documents) are common encodings if you are not sure what encoding to choose.
  • Casimyr schrieb:

Specifying a character encoding is normally done in the web server configuration file or administration program. The W3C I18N Activity has collected a few tips on how to do this in popular web server implementations.

Scheint irgendwas mit dem Webserver zu tun zu haben.