Korrektur von Hausaufgabe eines IRC USER

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Korrektur von Hausaufgabe eines IRC USER

ORIGINAL TEXT

nach Fehlern suchen! möchte nur einem IRC User helfen ;)

wegen der Übersicht 2 Posts gemacht.. hier der Original Text und einen weiter, meine unvollständige Überarbeitung

Hello Billy, March.13th.05

I hope you are fine. Now i am writting a letter to you from my hotel in Plymouth. I can't believe that i am in America. I have associated America with skyscrapers, fast living, new technologies and modern ideas as well as you do. But in Plymouth in New England you will see more old buildings than anywhere in USA. DO you know the name of the tallest building in New England? John Hancock Tower? That's right! It's 241 metres. Do you know the name of the bulding opposite John Hancock Tower? You have no idea, right? It's Trinity Church. It was built in 1877 in an 11th century stlye. It was amazing and interesting to compare these two buildings. You can recognize that the architectural style is very european. Trinity Church is one of the lots of evidence that USA has its historical roots in europe and many of those roots are here in New England.

On Wednesday last week we were in a living-history museum. It is called "Plymoth Plantation". This museum is very special. At Plymouth Plantation everything has been reconstructed with original materials and the land is farmed just as it was over 350 years ago. "Citizen" from Plymouth Plantation are professional actors, they speak and wear like the original settlers. They even have identified completely with the characters from the original settlers. They will not anwser questions about our century, but they will anwser questions about life in the "New World" in 17th century. I have asked one of them about their origin. They told me, that they were a group of 102 men, women and children. and landed at a place in present-day Massachusetts which was called plimoth in 1620. The living condition was very bad but luckly they found an abandoned indian village, which they took over and made their home. I am pretty impressed from this museum or rather the competence and knowledgement from the actors. On Freiday in the same week I was in Bosten. Bosten is the capital-city of Massachusetts (MA)
    There are another 5 states in New England: Maine(ME), New Hampshire(NH), Vermont(VT), Connecticut(CT) and Rhode Island (RI). The totalarea of New England is 172,514 square kilometre. It's very small. Bosten is not only the capital city of Massachusetts. It is the largest city in New England as well. I feel a bit of New York on the streets here. Bosten is described as the birthplace of the United States. It's founded ten years after the Pilgrims landed at Plmouth. On the streets you can see long red lines. That is the Freedom Trai. It guides you to famous landmarks of Bosten. I were first at the Bosten Common, the oldest public park in the country. During the colonial times witches, criminals and even pirates were hanged on the Common. If you paid attention in the history lesson, you could know that March 5th in 1770 became known as Bosten Massacre. British soldiers killed five colonists during a fight with an angry crowd.They are forced to give accommodation and food to the British soldiers and to pay unfair taxes to their "mothercountry", although Britain was called their mothercountry they were not allowed to vote. The right of elections was abolished for the settlers. After the settlers demanded that British soldiers should leave the city after the Bosten Massacre with the reasons that there were no wars and they made the life of the settlers diffcult and even dangrous.The angry crowd of settlers stormed down to Bosten harbour to begin the famous Bosten Tea Party, when they threw tea from a British

ship into the sea in 1773. Since the Declaration of Independence was read to the citizens of Bosten from the balcony of the Old State House in 1776, the settlers were not settlers anymore. They were freed from the oppressions by the British rule and so a new life has begun. As I was in the Old South Meetinghouse, a guide called me attention on the methode of communication in the 18th century. Communication and Exchanging information was extremly important to the American leaders plotting the revolution. Do you know that the Declaration of Independence was not even read in public in Philadelphia until four days after it had been signed? There weren't telephone, SMS, e-mail or even telegraph lines at that time. So how did the colonists keep each other informed as quickly as possible. There are serveral ways to do this. By one way is the Committees of correspondence, a group of men and women wrote letters about the struggle with Great Britain to the neighbouring colonies. By another way people wrote short books. The short books were called pamphlets and were even crossed the Atlantic Ocean and translated into German, Dutsch and French. The most famous pamphlets was "Common Sence" by Thomas Paine. It also influenced the ideas of the French Revolution. Another way to get informed is the using of spy. Spy like Paul Revere has informed colonists about the movement and actions from the British Army. The colonists were informed by the spy Paul Revere in the first major battle aganist the British in 1775. The most simple way to get up-to-date information was to visit a local tavern. Travellers would spend a night at a tavern exchanging information, news and stories with the asembled crows. In this way, information moved from town to town with each passing traveller.

My next trip is to visit the Bosten Latin School, built by the Puritans of Bosten in 1635. It becomes the nation's first secondary school. Then i will visit the nation's first college, Harvard. It was built in 1636. There are too many intresting historical Information about New England. I can not name them one by one but i promise i will include more information in my next letter and I have a surprise for you next time.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Yours Yan

• Korrektur fett geschrieben. Bin nicht fertig, hab jetzt aber grad keine Zeit mehr
    Hello Billy, March.13th.05

I hope you are fine. Now i am writing a letter to you from my hotel in Plymouth. I can't believe that i am in America. I have associated America with skyscrapers, fast living, new technologies and modern ideas as well as you do. But in Plymouth in New England you will see more old buildings than anywhere in USA. Do you know the name of the highest building in New England? John Hancock Tower? That's right! It's 241 metres. Do you know the name of the building next to the John Hancock Tower? You have no idea, right? It's Trinity Church. It was built in 1877 in an 11th century stlye. It was amazing and interesting to compare these two buildings. You can recognize that the architectural style is very european. Trinity Church is one of the lots of evidence that USA has it's historical roots in europe and many of those roots are here in New England.

On Wednesday last week we were in a living-history museum. It is called "Plymoth Plantation". This museum is very special. At Plymouth Plantation everything has been reconstructed with original materials and the land is farmed just as it was over 350 years ago. "Citizen" from Plymouth Plantation are professional actors, they speak and wear like the original settlers. They even have identified completely with the characters from the original settlers. They will not anwser questions about our century, but they will anwser questions about life in the "New World" in 17th century. I have asked one of them about their origin. They told me, that they were a group of 102 men, women and children. and landed at a place in present-day Massachusetts which was called plimoth in 1620. The living condition was very bad but luckly they found an abandoned indian village, which they took over and made their home. I am pretty impressed of this museum or rather the competence and knowledgement from the actors. On Friday in the same week I was in Boston. Boston is the capital city of Massachusetts (MA)
    There are another 5 states in New England: Maine(ME), New Hampshire(NH), Vermont(VT), Connecticut(CT) and Rhode Island (RI). The total area of New England is 172,514 square kilometre. It's very small. Boston is not only the capital city of Massachusetts. It is the largest city in New England as well. I feel a bit of New York on the streets here. Boston is described as the birthplace of the United States. It's founded ten years after the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth. On the streets you can see long red lines. That is the Freedom Trai. It guides you to famous landmarks of Boston. At first I was at the Boston Common, the oldest public park in the country. During the colonial times witches, criminals and even pirates were hanged on the Common. If you paid attention in history lesson, you could know that March 5th in 1770 became known as Boston Massacre. British soldiers killed five colonists during a fight with an angry crowd.They are forced to give accommodation and food to the British soldiers and to pay unfair taxes to their "mothercountry", although Britain was called their mothercountry they were not allowed to vote. The right of elections was abolished for the settlers. After the settlers demanded that British soldiers should leave the city after the Bosten Massacre with the reasons that there were no wars and they made the life of the settlers diffcult and even dangrous.The angry crowd of settlers stormed down to Bosten harbour to begin the famous Bosten Tea Party, when they threw tea from a British

ship into the sea in 1773. Since the Declaration of Independence was read to the citizens of Bosten from the balcony of the Old State House in 1776, the settlers were not settlers anymore. They were freed from the oppressions by the British rule and so a new life has begun. As I was in the Old South Meetinghouse, a guide called me attention on the methode of communication in the 18th century. Communication and Exchanging information was extremly important to the American leaders plotting the revolution. Do you know that the Declaration of Independence was not even read in public in Philadelphia until four days after it had been signed? There weren't telephone, SMS, e-mail or even telegraph lines at that time. So how did the colonists keep each other informed as quickly as possible. There are serveral ways to do this. By one way is the Committees of correspondence, a group of men and women wrote letters about the struggle with Great Britain to the neighbouring colonies. By another way people wrote short books. The short books were called pamphlets and were even crossed the Atlantic Ocean and translated into German, Dutsch and French. The most famous pamphlets was "Common Sence" by Thomas Paine. It also influenced the ideas of the French Revolution. Another way to get informed is the using of spy. Spy like Paul Revere has informed colonists about the movement and actions from the British Army. The colonists were informed by the spy Paul Revere in the first major battle aganist the British in 1775. The most simple way to get up-to-date information was to visit a local tavern. Travellers would spend a night at a tavern exchanging information, news and stories with the asembled crows. In this way, information moved from town to town with each passing traveller.

My next trip is to visit the Bosten Latin School, built by the Puritans of Bosten in 1635. It becomes the nation's first secondary school. Then i will visit the nation's first college, Harvard. It was built in 1636. There are too many intresting historical Information about New England. I can not name them one by one but i promise i will include more information in my next letter and I have a surprise for you next time.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Yours Yan