The film I watched last night ...

• Misc

• littleprof
  • 2638 Aufrufe 3 Antworten

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• The film I watched last night ...

Perhaps it might be a good idea to start a thread in which users introduce moviez they watched the night before.

I'd like to start with "Super 8"
    Super 8 (2011)
    112 min - Mystery | Sci-Fi | Thriller - 4 August 2011 (Germany)
    After witnessing a mysterious train crash, a group of friends in the summer of 1979 begin noticing strange happenings going around in their small town, and begin to investigate into the creepy phenomenon.

It's a entertaining and exciting popcorn movie!
    "The Goonies meet E.T." , that's a way to characterize this flick where E.T. isn't and pitiful but horrible and agressive like a twin brother of "Alien".
    There are some nice special effects, e.g. the train accident, which lasts quite a few minutes in the film. There's emotion, excitement and comedy. and as you might expect from J.J. Abrams, the inventor of "Lost" and "Fringe" , a good deal of mystery.
    In the last quarter of the movie the small town is a theatre of war between army and aliens. These scenes must have been created by a firebug, as there is a sort of pyromanical overkill, which in my eyes is one of the (small) weaknesses of the film.
    On the whole an 8/10!
    Es ist nie zu spät für eine glückliche Kindheit! (Erich Kästner)
  • Last night I watched "Hanna" :)

Hanna (2011)
    PG_13 111 min - Action|Crime|Mystery - 26 May 2011(Germany) 6.9

Director: Joe Wright
    Stars: Saoirse Ronan, Cate Blanchett and Eric Bana

A 16-year-old who was raised by her father to be the perfect assassin is dispatched on a mission across Europe, tracked by a ruthless intelligence agent and her operati

You see a lot of fine action scenes in this movie and now and then there are surprising turns but you shouldn't take a closer look on logical terms. You'd wonder, for example, why Hanna, who is introduced as a kind of technology-noob walks into an internet-café and googles as if she'd never done anything else in her life; a few hours before she took to her heels when she watched TV for the first time in her life.
    Another example for a loose sequence is the final showdown between Hanna and her adversary. Both girls are seriously wounded, nevertheless they perform astounding stunts.
    On the whole it's an exiting and very entertaining movie. I'd give it a 7/10.
    Bilder
    • Hanna.GIF

27,57 kB, 214×317, 129 mal angesehen
    Es ist nie zu spät für eine glückliche Kindheit! (Erich Kästner)
  • I liked Hanna as well, watched it around christmas.

I agree with your rating :)

watched District 9 yesterday evening, and I am not sure if I liked it or not. :weglach:
    BUT it did have something fascinating, so I'd say it was GOOD.

wiki:
    District 9 is a 2009 South African science fiction thriller film directed by Neill Blomkamp. It was written by Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell, and produced by Peter Jackson and Carolynne Cunningham. The film stars Sharlto Copley, Jason Cope, and David James. The film won the 2010 Saturn Award for Best International Film presented by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, and was nominated for four Academy Awards in 2010, including Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Visual Effects, and Best Editing.[4]

The story, adapted from Alive in Joburg, a 2005 short film directed by Blomkamp and produced by Sharlto Copley and Simon Hansen, pivots on the themes of xenophobia and social segregation. The title and premise of District 9 were inspired by events that took place in District Six, Cape Town during the apartheid era.

In March 1982, a large alien spacecraft arrives on Earth and stops directly above the city of Johannesburg in South Africa. After three months of no contact and no signs of activity, a team enters the ship, discovering a large group of sick and malnourished extraterrestrials, who are then given food, shelter, and health-care on Earth. The aliens, derogatorily referred to by some locals as "prawn", are confined to District 9, a government camp inside Johannesburg. Following their settlement, periodic unrest occurs between aliens and locals.

Subsequently, the South African government hires Multinational United (MNU), a private military company under the direction of its CEO, Dirk Michaels (William Allen Young), to relocate the aliens to the new District 10. In August 2010, Wikus van de Merwe (Sharlto Copley), an Afrikaner bureaucrat, is appointed by Piet Smit (Dirk Minnaar), an MNU executive and his father-in-law, to lead the relocation with the serving of illegal eviction notices.

Meanwhile, three aliens (Christopher Johnson (Jason Cope), his son, and a friend), search for alien technology from which they distill a mysterious fluid, storing it in a small canister. Later, while raiding the shack of Christopher's friend, Wikus discovers and seizes the container, which sprays an unidentified substance onto his face. Christopher's friend is subsequently killed by Koobus Venter (David James), a xenophobic soldier leading the operation.

The mysterious fluid makes Wikus ill and begins to turn his DNA and body into those of a "prawn". MNU finds out and they force Wikus to test various alien weapons which only function when used by an alien; he succeeds at using them. The MNU scientists then decide to vivisect Wikus' organs because they are deemed to be worth billions for biotech research, but he overpowers his captors and escapes. Smit lies to the press, saying that Wikus is infected with an alien STD and is highly contagious. He also sends Venter and his men to capture him.

Wikus finds refuge in District 9 and stumbles upon Christopher Johnson's shack; after the lost command module is revealed under his shack, Christopher discloses that the "fuel" in the canister would allow him to reactivate the dormant mothership and reverse Wikus' mutation. Retrieving the canister seems hopeless since it is held at MNU headquarters, but Wikus and Christopher agree upon a plan to steal weapons from Nigerian arms-dealer Obesandjo and his gang...
    ME/CFS # Ever tried, ever failed, no matter. Try again, fail again, fail better. (Beckett) # You are only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. (R.Williams) # Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.(Clarke)
  • First of all: I have to improve my english and english gramma, but this is a good exercise

Yesterday i watched:
    Diagnosis love

The movie´s about tragedy, mystery and love.

A young doctor named Madison works as a
    healthcare workers
    with a secret.
    She fells in love with John.
    John has a daughter and is a widower.
    He guilts out for his wife´s death who died in accident

When he meets Madison, he becomes more and more happier.
    Their love is in danger when
    he finds out Madison´s secret .

At the end he forgives her and they become happy for good and all.

It was a "trash movie" on ZDF, but it was acceptable to relax:)